The scheme will permit qualifying persons to remain in the State with a right to work for 2 years on Stamp 4S conditions. After two years, if the person has adhered to the terms of their permission they will be granted a permission to reside in the State for a further year under Stamp 4 conditions (permission to work and engage in a business on their own account)
Family reunification is not permitted under this scheme. However, with regard to family unity, if the applicant qualifies under this Scheme the family circumstances of persons already in the State will be taken into consideration.
Applications under the Scheme will be accepted for three months until Sunday 20th January, 2019.
You can apply for this permission if you:
- First registered as a student with the immigration authorities on or after 1 January 2005, but not later than 31 December 2010 and commenced your presence in the State lawfully under a student permission with a limited right to work;
- Have remained in permission since then, or if not, have had a minimum of two years’ registered student permission;
- Have attempted to avoid being unlawfully in the State through engaging with the immigration authorities;
- Have not had your immigration stamp changed other than a student type permission, for example been granted a work permit, family reunification or other legal status;
- Are living in the State continuously since your arrival in the State and can provide supporting documentary evidence of your continued presence in the State at least throughout 2016, 2017 and 2018 to date;
- Are of good character and of good conduct;
- Have no adverse criminal record in this State or any other jurisdiction;
- Have been lawfully employed in the State while under student permission, evidenced by furnishing P60 forms or P45 forms;
- Can provide a history of your enrolment/registration as a student, including details of any qualification(s) gained.