The types of injuries which result from slips and trips in the workplace are normally injuries such as fractures, broken arms and wrists, back pain, bruising and swelling.
The causes of workplace trips, slips and falls usually include the following:
- Tripping over lose wires in an office or workplace
- Slipping on a wet floor or surface or stairs without any warning signs
- Tripping and falling on a stairs that has no grip or handrail
- Slips on ice in the workplace
- Accidents on staircases that should not be accessible (i.e. through a door which should be locked)
- Falls and trips on stairs which are narrow and steep and poorly lit
- Tripping or falling on grease or oil on a floor
- Trips or falls on uneven ground or floor surfaces
- Poorly lit areas of the workplace which cause a person to fall or trip as a result of the poor visibility
- Tripping over hazards left on the floor such as rubbish, wrapping or cardboard
- Falls and trips in to holes or pits which should be surrounded by a safety rail
- Trips and falls on ramps within the workplace
If you have been injured as a result of a slip, trip or fall in the office or workplace which could have been prevented then you may be entitled to take a claim for compensation.
For a detailed explanation of the procedures for taking a claim Sinnott Solicitors will explain the process thoroughly to you from beginning to end and we will ensure that you will receive the maximum compensation available for you in the event that you sustain an injury in the workplace.