There are a number of ways in which bus accidents which give rise to compensation claims happen.
Have you been injured on public transport and it was not your fault?
If you have been injured on public transport and it was not your fault you may be entitled to make a road traffic personal injury claim for compensation. Once you have been made aware of your injuries, get in touch with a personal injury solicitor for a claim assessment.
If you have been injured on public transport in Dublin or Cork, Sinnott’s Personal Injury Solicitors have an experienced team who can help you with your case.
The following is a list of examples of the type of bus accident claims that we have come across in practice:
- Tripping or falling whilst on a bus
- Injuries caused due to the negligence or poor driving of the bus driver
- Collisions by the bus with other vehicles causing injury to passengers
- Being involved in a collision with a bus
- Exiting a bus and having an accident due to the driver’s positioning of the bus
What to do when you are involved in a bus accident
- You should gather as much evidence as possible including the details of any witnesses to the accident, names and addresses and contact telephone numbers.
- Gather all receipts for your out of pocket expenditure for medication, medical reports and any other expenditure incurred in respect of the accident.
- If you are out of work as a result of the accident you will need to prepare details of your loss of earnings in order to lodge your claim.
- Sinnott Solicitors Dublin and Cork will prepare your case for lodging with the Injuries Board and will obtain all of the necessary medical reports, psychological reports, details of your loss of earnings and out of pocket expenditure in order to complete your application and help you to achieve the compensation that you deserve.
Types of injuries sustained in bus accidents
Typically people who are injured in bus accidents will claim compensation for the following types of injuries:
- Head injuries which are generally caused from a sudden stopping of a bus
- Slipping, tripping and falling on the bus causing injuries to the back, neck, knees, shoulders and hands
Get the compensation you deserve
Sinnott Solicitors are located in Dublin & Cork