Taxi accidents can arise either through the negligence of the taxi driver or through the negligence of a third party, unconnected with the taxi driver.
Taxi Accident Claim for compensation
If you have been involved in an accident during the course of a taxi journey and if you have been injured as a result of that accident you may be entitled to claim compensation for personal injuries.
If you have been the victim of personal injury due to a road traffic accident that was not your fault, get in touch with a personal injury solicitor for a claim assessment.
Sinnott Personal injury Solicitors have offices in Dublin and Cork and can help with any personal injury case.
What to do when you have a taxi accident
If you have been involved in an accident during the course of your taxi journey it is crucial that you obtain the following information:
- Details of the taxi driver to include his or her name and address
- Details of any other drivers responsible for the accident
- Get the taxi registration number and the car registration number and insurance details of the taxi driver for the vehicle
- Obtain the name and address, vehicle details and insurance details for any other vehicles which were party to the accident
- If there are any witnesses to the accident you should obtain the name, address and contact details of any witnesses
- You should seek medical attention as soon as possible after the accident in order that a detailed assessment of your injuries can be recorded
- You should speak to your Solicitor with a view to instructing your Solicitor to lodge a claim to the Injuries Board on your behalf
Get the compensation you deserve
Sinnott Solicitors are located in Dublin & Cork