Spouses of Students Granted Stamp 4 Under 2004 Student Probationary Scheme

Spouses of students who have been granted Stamp 4 Immigration permission to remain in the state pursuant to the 2004 Student Probationary Extension will now be considered by the Department of Justice for an extension of their immigration permission to remain.

The spouse of the student must be lawfully resident in the state at the time of the application. 

Application Process and Application Form/Statutory Declaration

Legally resident spouses of students granted a Stamp 4 permission to remain in the under the 2004 Student Probationary Extension must complete the relevant application form which is available to download here

Applications must be submitted on the application form and all requested documentation must be submitted. The application will not be considered without this.

The application form must be completed clearly with a black pen.

The following documentation should be submitted with the fully completed application form:

  • Certified colour copy (all pages) of current passport
  • Copy of most recent Certificates of Registration (GNIB card)
  • Details of medical insurance for the year, 2013, 2014 and 2015
  • Copy of marriage certificate (if in a language other than English certified translated copy must be provided)
  • Proof of current address e.g. utility bill (gas, electricity)


If applicant is employed the following documents must be submitted:

  • Letter from current employer confirming employment details, including start date of employment and current salary level
  • Copies of applicant’s most recent pay slips
  • P60 for the years ended 2013 and 2014.

If You Would Like Assistance with Completing Your Application, Contact Sinnott Solicitors On 01-4062862 (or Use Our Online Enquiry Form Here) and We Will Guide You Through Your Application.