How may your immigration status change if you separate or divorce

Non-EEA nationals who are married to or who are the civil partners of Irish citizens are entitled to be granted a stamp 4 permission to reside in Ireland.  A query which we frequently receive at Sinnott Solicitors is what happens to a person’s immigration status when they separate or divorce from their Irish citizen spouse [...]