How does a Supermarket Accident Claim arise?
- Slips, trips and falls due to wet floors and spillages (most common)
- Hazardous objects falling from Supermarket shelves causing injury
- Defective Supermarket trollies which could cause injury
- Accidents occurring in Supermarket carparks
- Improperly positioned floor mats or boxes, pallets and other objects
- Cracked or uneven pavement surfaces outside Supermarket
- Food poisoning claims arising from products which are no longer safe to eat
What to do when you have a Supermarket accident?
- Every Supermarket will normally have a Manager on duty and therefore you should immediately report the occurrence of the accident to the Manager on duty and if not to the staff on duty at the time of the accident.
- If possible you should take photographs of the area in which the accident occurred and the hazard which caused the accident.
- You should take contact details of those who witnessed the accident in order to contact them for the purpose of your future claim.
- You should seek medical attention immediately.
- Your Solicitor will establish the correct Defendant and write to the Supermarket requesting the CCTV footage of the accident.
How to start a supermarket accident claim
The first step in every Supermarket accident claim is to prepare the case for lodging with the Injuries Board.
If you have been involved in a Supermarket accident claim and you wish to take a case, Sinnott Solicitors will be in a position to take your claim and to help you to achieve the maximum compensation available.