New Family Reunification Scheme from May 2018
The Minister for Justice has just announced a new humanitarian admissions programme for people who wish to seek family reunification for family members. The programme is called The Irish Refugee Programme Humanitarian Admission Programme (IHAP). Under the programme, vulnerable family members will qualify for admission into Ireland. Irish citizens and refugees can propose family members for consideration for admission from 14th May to 30th June 2018. The scheme will be extended. People from certain countries can make proposals for family members provided they meet the conditions of the scheme.
If you wish to avail of this programme your application must be sent to the Minister immediately. The programme was just recently announced and you should check the qualifying criteria at the following link http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/irish-refugee-protection-programme-humanitarian-admission-programme-2-(ihap)#Beneficiary If you wish for us to make the application for you we would need the following information:-
- Completed application form
- Colour copy of your Irish Passport, all pages
- A copy of the passport of the family member that you wish to bring to Ireland and a certified translation of the passport
- A colour copy of that person’s National Identity Card if they have one
- A colour copy of the persons certified translation of their Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate if appropriate
- Two colour passport size photographs of that person. On the back of the photographs, the person’s name should be printed in block capitals
Eligibility for Family Reunification for spouse, civil partner of de facto partner
The person must be at least 18 years of age at the time of making the application. The qualifying periods are as follows:
For a marriage or civil partnership, no minimum duration of the marriage will be required.
For a de facto partnership, they must have been in a relationship akin to a marriage including cohabitation for two years prior to making the application for family reunification.
Entry into the state for the purpose of entering into a marriage may be permitted provided that the Department is satisfied that it is not a marriage of convenience. Permission granted in those cases will be provisional and not more than six months duration at the end of which the marriage must have been registered.